Classic car news updated each and every hour bringing you the most relevant, interesting and stimulating information straight to your device.
If you would like a site / source added to our curation you can request this by visiting our contact page here.
Remember to subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated with classic news!
Classic Car Curation
- Your Car Could Be The Star of Brand New Flywheel ConcoursA new concours competition, the Flywheel Concours will encourage owners of eligible vehicles to nominate their cars for inclusion. The Classic & Sports Car Show in association with Flywheel (Bicester Heritage, 23-24 June) stipulated there will be six separate themed classes, all curated by experienced classic motoring and motorsport consultant ... read more
- James Bond Aston Martin DB5 Goes Under The Hammer £1,200,000 – £1,600,000Prospective bidders could well be ‘shaken and stirred’ when they attend the forthcoming Goodwood Festival of Speed Sale, as the 1965 Aston Martin DB5 driven by James Bond (Pierce Brosnan) in the 1995 motion picture GoldenEye goes under the hammer. Offered by Bonhams, this desirable classic has an estimate of ... read more
- Olympic Champion Sir Chris Hoy Races At Silverstone ClassicThis summer’s Silverstone Classic welcomes none other than Olympic cycling ace Sir Chris Hoy MBE into the motorsport racing fold, as the 11 world champion endeavours to add yet another title to his illustrious career. The six times Olympic champion retired in 2013, but in a bid to sustain ... read more
- Replacement Shells Prove Classic Mini Popularity Stronger Than EverReplacement MK1 Mini shell sales have hit the so called roof, with companies such as British Motor Heritage (BMH) being apparently ‘stunned’ at the scale of orders since first displaying its prototype shell at the 2016 NEC Classic Motor Show. BMH’s Managing Director John Yea said: “A few ... read more
- Ford Escort Mk1 Mexico Breaks World Record Selling For £50,625Frantic bidding was the order of the day at the Silverstone Auctions’ inaugural Sale of Ferraris, with figures topping the £5 million mark. Star of the Italian stallions was a stunning 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona selling to a room full of applause for a premium inclusive £540,000. The ‘Prancing ... read more
- 1950 BRM V16 Centre Of Attraction At Beaulieu Spring AutojumbleThe National Motor Museum Trust’s 1950 BRM V16 was the centre of attraction at the Beaulieu Spring Autojumble this weekend, as hundreds of onlookers got the chance to inspect it’s newly restored engine. Chief Engineer and National Motor Museum Manager Doug Hill took to the wheel of the iconic British ... read more
- Seriously Cool Historical Flirtations Under Classic Car Auctions HammerClassic car auctions can throw up some seriously cool historical flirtations, none more so than the forthcoming Classic Car Sale which takes place Saturday 2nd June at The Warwickshire Event Centre near Leamington Spa. Hosted by CCA, this eclectic auction event has some impressive headliners amongst it’s stimulating lot list. ... read more
- Land Rover Legends Head For Bicester HeritageThe Land Rover Legends event is exactly one week and counting away from kick-off and will be hosted at the popular Bicester Heritage. Scores of the legendary ‘mud-plugging’ icons will head for this spectacular 4-wheel drive frenzy, which will also host the first National Awards for Land Rover vehicles. 70 ... read more
- RM Sotheby’s Monaco Sale Accumulates €23,317,290 SalesIn a battle of wits and supremacy at the Grimaldi Forum in Monaco on 12 May, the unique 2018 Lamborghini Huracán, which had been donated by Automobili Lamborghini to His Holiness Pope Francis, reached a staggering €809,375 (est. €250k – €350k) as it went under the hammer of affluence at ... read more
- Jaw Dropping Fast Ford RS1600i Could Be Yours For £97,500.00As prices rocket quicker than the average car thief, fast Fords are rapidly giving potential investors the proverbial kick in the nuts. However this could be an opportunity to gain legal possession of that 80’s classic – the Ford RS 1600i. That said, the staggering price of £97,500.00 could ... read more
Take To The Road
- Take to the Road Exclusive Interview with Mike BrewerTake to the Road is delighted to announce that it recently got the opportunity to interview Mike Brewer of Wheeler Dealers! A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Discovery UK to see if I would be interested in chatting to Mike about the brand new 15th series of ... read more
- Take to the Road Jaguar XJ8 Redex Trial Part 1I am very pleased to announce Take to the Road has been asked to take part in a trial with Redex. The purpose of this project is to test some of the companies products over a three month period and report back on how it performs. When I thought about ... read more
- Take to the Roads Garage – Episode 13 Alfa Spider Oil Change with Duckhams OilEpisode 13 of Take to the Roads Garage has landed on my YouTube Channel. In this episode I finally get round to ticking a big item of the Alfa Romeo Spiders to do list… and that is an engine oil change. For this video I was very kindly supplied oil ... read more
- Historic Oil Brand Duckhams relaunchedDuckhams, the much loved oil brand, known around the world for its distinctive green hue has been relaunched here in the UK. Inextricably linked to British motoring heritage since 1899, it invented Europe’s first ever Multigrade oil, Duckhams Q in 1951, an advancement that changed the face of automotive lubricants ... read more
- Waterloo Classics Car Club April Meet HighlightsOn Saturday 21st April Take to the Road attended the Waterloo Classics Car Club monthly meet in London. It was the London debut for the Vauxhall Viceroy, making its first appearance at the club meet. Despite its size, the Viceroy performed superbly in the heavy London traffic. It was a ... read more
- The ‘Box of Frogs’ – life with Japan’s craziest hot hatchDaihatsu Cuore Avanzato TR-XX R4: a big name for a tiny car. But, as Aesop would have testified, good things come in small packages, and vehicles don’t come more diminutive than a Japanese kei car. Then again, the Greek storyteller also claimed it is possible to have too much ... read more
- The coolest car dashboardsIn our humble opinion, these are some of the coolest dashboards ever to grace a car. Be warned: this gallery contains plenty of Citroen and Italian car love. Lancia Trevi In August 1981, Autocar described the fascia in the Lancia Trevi as “something which could have appeared in ... read more
- The world’s first plug-in hybrid car – and why it failedThe Chevrolet Volt promised to be a revolution. A revolution of propulsion, a revolution of design and a revolution for a newly-adventurous General Motors. But today it looks like an irrelevant revolution, and a very expensive one at that. Yet there is little wrong with the Chevrolet Volt in ... read more
- Barn finds at the NEC Classic Car and Restoration ShowThere’s a lot to be said for a classic car show with the focus on restorations and on-going projects. Rather than filling Birmingham’s NEC with heavily-polished garage queens, the Classic Car and Restoration Show is a celebration of works in progress. Whether you want to see old cars with ... read more
- Luck of the Irish – Ireland’s hidden automotive historyIt’s a good time to be Irish right now. Ireland is on the brink of winning the Six Nations Championship, and looks set to do it on St Patrick’s Day. With the luck of the Irish clearly in the air, we’ve delved into the country’s automotive history. DeLorean DMC-12 ... read more
Post War Classic
- Turquoise Thunderbird the ultimate women’s wheels?
- Back to back: (relatively) cheap Aston MartinsWe picked out two cars from Bonhams’ traditional Aston Martin Sale, to take place on the 2nd of June this year but in Reading rather than Newport Pagnell this time. But why this most unusual duo? You may ask. Well, apart from being Aston Martins it may indeed seem hard ... read more
- Perfectly manicured lawn to host ‘the most incredible gatherings of cars’
- Harry and Meghan’s sponsored E-type is electrically powered
- Volkswagen history in an imageHave a good look at this photograph, sent to us by Ian Bennetts. What we see is the Volkswagen factory from the outside, supposedly shot just after the War when VW production had already started. Prototype Beetles were ordered to be scrapped, and so one foreman takes out his forehammer ... read more
Pre War Classic
No feed items found.