Classic car news updated each and every hour bringing you the most relevant, interesting and stimulating information straight to your device.
If you would like a site / source added to our curation you can request this by visiting our contact page here.
Remember to subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated with classic news!
Classic Car Curation
- Donington Historic Festival Celebrate Most Memorable EventsDonington Historic Festival will celebrate one of its most memorable events – the rain-soaked 1993 European Grand Prix. One of the most memorable events in the history of Donington Park, the rain-soaked 1993 European Grand Prix, will be celebrated at this year’s Donington Historic Festival (May 4, 5 and 6) ... read more
- Unquestionably Fast – Brabham BT62 Video Teases DevoteesYou may recall Brabham Automotive recently launched itself back into high-speed prominence once again, with Formula 1 driver and Le Mans legend David Brabham heading the rejuvenated company. With its unveiling imminent, the all-new Brabham BT62 is set continue the lineage of the marque’s greatest and most memorable cars, from ... read more
- Procession Of 60 Iconic BTCC Cars Mark 60 Years BTCCSilverstone fanatics will be pleased to learn that plans to celebrate 60 years of the evergreen and ever-popular MSA British Touring Car Championship at this summer’s Classic (20-22 July) have moved up yet another gear with confirmation of a special track parade on Tin Top Sunday. Diamond Jubilee Marking the ... read more
- Mini Adventure For Mark Burnett & Dickie Meaden At Goodwood 76MMIt was a Mini adventure for Burlen Managing Director Mark Burnett and Dickie Meaden, who raced a Swiftune-prepared, ex-Jon Mowatt Mini 1275GT in the extremely baltic conditions at last weekend’s 76MM meet at Goodwood. Burlen Ltd, the world’s only manufacturer of genuine SU (Skinners Union), AMAL and Zenith carburettors, lined ... read more
- Movember Official Charity Partner For London To Brighton Veteran Car RunWhether it be personal, friends or relatives, cancer will reach out and touch just about every person, which depending on your age, sex and lifestyles could be bombshell delivered at any given time. The Royal Automobile Club, organiser of the iconic Bonhams London to Brighton Veteran Car Run, supported ... read more
- Edd China Gets XK70 Jaguar Festival InvitationJaguars may not be everyone’s favourite classic car, but whether you own one, or just enjoy pointing that expensive camera lens towards, then a good Jag-Fest is great place to find those glorious big cats. Shelsley Walsh Hillclimb The number of attractions confirmed for this summer’s XK70 Jaguar Festival at ... read more
- Sporting Hero: Jim Clark The Best Of The BestDreams are for those who live within themselves, but motorsport has lifted the spirit of many a boy and father through the decades. Jim Clark Jim Clark is one such genuine sporting hero. Driving for Lotus throughout his professional career, he was twice a World Champion, in 1963 and 1965, ... read more
- Incredible European Classics Go Under The Hammer – Shipped For FreeEuropean classics will go under the hammer this weekend, and best of all, successful bidders will receive free shipping, customs and VAT. Seems to good to be true? Yes, rare and pristine condition European classics will be auctioned off this weekend, with bidding coming in from all over Europe and ... read more
- Ultra Rare Jaguar E-Type For Sale Following Return To Blighty From USA
- Fast Fords Trending At Classic Car Auctions ‘Everyman’ SaleWith only four days remaining until the Practical Classics Classic Car & Restoration Show opens it’s doors, investors and prospective buyers are looking at auction lots in a bid to decide which, if any they might target. Classic Car Auctions Classic Car Auctions (CCA) will hold its biggest sale of ... read more
Take To The Road
- Market Pick: 1965 MG Midget Lenham Le MansUttering the name Le Mans in conjunction with any classic era race car stirs the emotions. It is hallowed ground, a place of pilgrimage and devotion. So when you see a classic for sale with the name Le Mans mentioned, it is always going to get attention. And that is ... read more
- Market Pick: Rare Survivor 1983 Toyota Celica 2ltr STOne of the joys of browsing the classifieds is stumbling across rare automotive gems. And for this weeks Market Pick Monday I have selected this fantastic survivor. A 1983 Toyota Celica 2ltr ST. When did you last see one of these on the roads? Exactly! The Toyota Celica is a ... read more
- 1968 Porsche 908 Works Short Tail to headline Monterey saleRM Sotheby’s have announced that the 1968 Porsche 908 Works “Short Tail” racer will feature at their Monterey sale on 24th – 25th August. Considered to be one of the most iconic and beautiful race cars ever created by Porsche, the 908 Short Tail is an exciting early entry for ... read more
- Take to the Road makes Vuelio Top 10 Automotive Blogs once againI am delighted to announce that Take to the Road has once again been added to the Vuelio Top 10 Automotive Blogs. This is the second year in a row my site has made the list and it was first chosen in 2017. So a big thank you to the ... read more
- London Classic Car Show 2018 HighlightsThe London Classic Car Show really is the best car event in the capital. I’ve been going since it first started back in 2015. And each year it just gets better and better. The show has learned and evolved since its debut and every tweak and adjustment made makes that ... read more
- Barn finds at the NEC Classic Car and Restoration ShowThere’s a lot to be said for a classic car show with the focus on restorations and on-going projects. Rather than filling Birmingham’s NEC with heavily-polished garage queens, the Classic Car and Restoration Show is a celebration of works in progress. Whether you want to see old cars with ... read more
- Luck of the Irish – Ireland’s hidden automotive historyIt’s a good time to be Irish right now. Ireland is on the brink of winning the Six Nations Championship, and looks set to do it on St Patrick’s Day. With the luck of the Irish clearly in the air, we’ve delved into the country’s automotive history. DeLorean DMC-12 ... read more
- Rare Peter Rabbit Land Rover up for auctionA classic Land Rover used in the new Peter Rabbit movie will go up for auction next month. The Pastel Green 88-inch Series IIA is said to be one of two used in the 3D live-action animated comedy film based around the famous Beatrix Potter characters. If you’re going ... read more
- Reliant Rialto review: meeting a hero (yes, really)I’ve developed an unhealthy obsession with three-wheeled Reliants in recent months. I’m not sure what triggered it: too long on the Reliant Owners Club stand at the NEC Classic Motor Show, perhaps, or an enjoyable read of Giles Chapman’s book on the Reliant Robin. I even found myself exploring ... read more
- Fast Fords that could break auction recordsIt’s not quite a passport to riches, but a fast Ford is almost guaranteed to be a star attraction at a classic car auction. To put it another way, you’ll need to dig deep if you fancy a hot Sierra, Escort or Capri from the 1980s. The forthcoming CCA ... read more
Post War Classic
- About Tough to crack car puzzle #179: DGS FirecrestYep, last week’s puzzle proved to be a difficult one. Several of you wrote just that. Alan Spencer: “Well, you've certainly got me this week! What I discovered too late is that this car is probably documented in ‘Maximum Mini’ (volume 1), perhaps under the section ‘The Cars That Didn’t ... read more
- Little Lamb Day: prelude to SpringWe have a lovely tradition here in this part of the world and it is called Lammetjesdag or Little Lamb Day. It takes place at this time of year when it’s a nice and sunny day, and the sheep have just had their babies. Preferably in weekends, shepherds of local ... read more
- Strange Rovers may well be Coys’ coolestsA pair of coachbuilt Range Rovers that Coys of Kensington is bringing over to Essen this weekend may be the coolest thing you’ll see in Germany in a while. They were made for King Juan Carlos of Spain and are totally wacky in every aspect. First of them is a ... read more
- Back to back: Montreal or Bora?During the Avignon Motor Festival this weekend, ‘Maison de ventes’ Leclere will sell over a hundred classic cars and a few motor bikes. Plenty of locally built vehicles are available. Simcas (Aronde to Ariane), Peugeots (403 to 205 GTI), Citroens (Ami 6 to Chapron DS Majesty) and Renaults (4CV to Alpine ... read more
- Shelby Lonestar now in full splendour
Pre War Classic
No feed items found.