Classic car news updated each and every hour bringing you the most relevant, interesting and stimulating information straight to your device.
If you would like a site / source added to our curation you can request this by visiting our contact page here.
Remember to subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated with classic news!
Classic Car Curation
- 1930s Alfa Tipo B Grand Prix Monoposto Could Bring 5,000,000 At AuctionThe Goodwood Festival of Speed Sale, hosted by Bonhams will offer prospective buyers a unique opportunity to purchase a slice of Grand Prix racing history when a 1932-34 Alfa Romeo Tipo B Grand Prix Monoposto goes under the hammer for a staggering £4,500,000 – 5,000,000. This ex-Scuderia Ferrari, ex-Richard-Shuttleworth, 1935 ... read more
- Incredible 1934 Packard Twelve Offered By Sotheby’s For $4,500,000 – $6,000,000RM Sotheby’s will offer an incredibly rare 1934 Packard Twelve Individual Custom Convertible Victoria at Sotheby’s flagship sale at the Monterey Conference Center, 24-25 August. The stunning example is one of only four examples residing on the Packard chassis of the Classic Era, the Eleventh Series Twelve of 1934 ... read more
- London Concours Celebration Of Speed Automotive Garden PartyThe London Concours opened its doors yesterday as the elusive and prestige automotive garden party, held in the heart of the City, began showcasing the most incredible collection of vehicles ever gathered in the City. Hosted at the Honourable Artillery Company, the five-acre oasis of green close to Bank ... read more
- COYS International Car Auctioneers Find Million Pound ContainerCOYS International Car auctioneers have stumbled across an amazing ‘container find’ in the South of England. The treasure trove of rare classic car parts and various other items are said to be worth well over a million pounds in value. Classic bits and pieces include valuable spares and items from ... read more
- Jaguar E-Type Roadster Offered By Charterhouse Auction £80,000-90,000A Jaguar E-Type roadster will be offered by Charterhouse specialist auction of classic and vintage cars at Sherborne Castle on Sunday 15th July. Manufactured between 1961 and 1975 by Jaguar Cars Ltd, the much loved and now sought after E-Type has become an auction magnet for potential classic car collector. ... read more
- NEC Classic Motor Show 2018 Theme Revealed As ‘Built to Last’This year’s Lancaster Insurance Classic Motor Show, with Discovery will be themed to pay tribute to a whole range of motoring elements, with particular attention given to the centenary of the end of World War 1. The innovative theme will be called ‘Built to Last’, embracing the integrity and ... read more
- Concorso d’Eleganza 2018 Best Preserved Vehicle Awarded To 1913 SCATFor 89 years the Grand Hotel Villa d’Este at Cernobbio has played grand host to the highly acclaimed Concorso d’Eleganza, with some of the most prodigious automobiles attending this spectacular occasion. Sponsored by the German marque BMW, this years theme was aptly named ‘Hollywood on the Lake’. Since 1929, cars ... read more
- 78 Mile Preserved 1976 Citroën GS Pallas TC Goes Under The HammerThose looking to grab a slice of French nostalgia could well be in luck, as this 1976 Citroën GS Pallas TC goes under the hammer this afternoon (Est: £4000). The quirky 70s hatchback is even equipped with its very own original tax disk, which expired approximately 41 years ago in ... read more
- London Concours 2018 Spectacular Performance Cars – Here’s A FewThe London Concours 2018 sets off with a bang 7-8 June at the Honourable Artillery Company, when the most exhilarating collection of motor vehicles take centre stage. Nearly 100 performance icons, past and present, will park up in the five-acre oasis of green, hidden just off City Road – a ... read more
- London Concours 2018 Spectacular Historic & Performance Cars – Here’s A FewThe London Concours 2018 sets off with a bang 7-8 June at the Honourable Artillery Company, when the most exhilarating collection of motor vehicles take centre stage. Nearly 100 performance icons, past and present, will park up in the five-acre oasis of green, hidden just off City Road – a ... read more
Post War Classic
- No Le Mans Classic for PostWarClassicOh boy, would we have liked to take our project car to this year’s Le mans Classic – next month on the 6th, 7th and 8th. Despite our project car - the original 1966 Le Mans Mini Marcos - being under restoration at the moment, the plan was to do ... read more
- When worlds convergeWhen two very different parties come together, things unexpected can happen. From the meeting of world leaders from very different backgrounds to Paul McCartney teaming up with Michael Jackson. It’s the same in the motoring world, where British manufacturers just occasionally collaborate with Italian carrozzerias and a former chicken ... read more
- The land yachts of the 1950s – on paperWhen you look at motoring brochures of the 1950s and the early 1960s, the sizes of the cars drawn (few pictures were used) simply have to catch the eye. It’s remarkable how much bigger vehicles were made to look like in the Golden Age of the Automobile. Yes – especially ... read more
- Moving your house on wheels a different wayIt sometimes takes time before you are used to some kinds of things. And when you are used to it, you don’t want to change. Your car, work, partner or house is all part of your daily ritual. So when the place where you live gets another purpose, you just ... read more
- Tough to crack puzzle #185The round shape and the big grill might give it already away, so we will keep our tips limited to just saying that there were only a few produced. If you recognize the car, please tell us why no more of these cars were made. Tell us more about anything ... read more
JBR Classic News
- Video review of the Morgan Plus 8 50th Anniversary
- Auction round-up: Grand Prix de Monaco HistoriqueHaving sold some 188 cars grossing $152.6 million between them during Monterey Week in mid August, and no doubt downed a celebratory flute or two of Californian spumante, the Bonhams and RM Sotheby’s teams packed their bags for Britain and beyond. The post Auction round-up: Grand Prix de Monaco Historique ... read more
- Ginetta Racing Drivers Club at RockinghamWe caught up with our friends at Ginetta to find out more about the Ginetta Racing Drivers Club (GRDC) – a racing programme designed for newcomers to motorsport. We joined them at Rockingham for the British GT event, which saw the first GRDC race of the season, as well as ... read more
- Test drive of the Aston Martin V12 Vantage Red Bull Edition
- Official finance partner for £1 million Brabham BT62JBR Capital is delighted to be the official finance partner for the Brabham BT62, and we have five build slots reserved number onely for our clients. The post Official finance partner for £1 million Brabham BT62 appeared first on JBR Capital. ... read more
Take To The Road
- Take to the Road Exclusive Interview with Mike BrewerTake to the Road is delighted to announce that it recently got the opportunity to interview Mike Brewer of Wheeler Dealers! A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by Discovery UK to see if I would be interested in chatting to Mike about the brand new 15th series of ... read more
- Take to the Road Jaguar XJ8 Redex Trial Part 1I am very pleased to announce that Take to the Road has been asked to take part in a trial with Redex. The purpose of this project is to test some of the companies products over a three month period and report back on how it performs. When I thought ... read more
- Take to the Roads Garage – Episode 13 Alfa Spider Oil Change with Duckhams OilEpisode 13 of Take to the Roads Garage has landed on my YouTube Channel. In this episode I finally get round to ticking a big item of the Alfa Romeo Spiders to do list… and that is an engine oil change. For this video I was very kindly supplied oil ... read more
- Historic Oil Brand Duckhams relaunchedDuckhams, the much loved oil brand, known around the world for its distinctive green hue has been relaunched here in the UK. Inextricably linked to British motoring heritage since 1899, it invented Europe’s first ever Multigrade oil, Duckhams Q in 1951, an advancement that changed the face of automotive lubricants ... read more
- Waterloo Classics Car Club April Meet HighlightsOn Saturday 21st April Take to the Road attended the Waterloo Classics Car Club monthly meet in London. It was the London debut for the Vauxhall Viceroy, making its first appearance at the club meet. Despite its size, the Viceroy performed superbly in the heavy London traffic. It was a ... read more
No feed items found.