Classic car news updated each and every hour bringing you the most relevant, interesting and stimulating information straight to your device.
If you would like a site / source added to our curation you can request this by visiting our contact page here.
Remember to subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated with classic news!
Classic Car Curation
- Bonhams Offer 1 Of 3 1953 Ferrari 625TF €4,500,000 – 6,500,000Bonhams auctioneers are offering Ferrari connoisseurs a rare opportunity to purchase a unique and one of only three built, Ferrari 625TF. This rather petite and exquisite prancing horse will be offered at the forthcoming Monaco Sale ‘Les Grandes Marques À Monaco‘ 11 May 2018, Monte Carlo. Any prospective bidders wishing ... read more
- Magical Beaulieu Provides Simply Aston-ishing MartinOne of most eagerly anticipated Beaulieu events raced into the fast lane as ‘Simply Aston Martin’ celebrated the marque’s proud history in the grounds of the National Motor Museum. Having been a friend of the museum all my life, visiting multiple times throughout the year with the International Autojumble, Beaulieu ... read more
- Leading Supercars Head For London Concours 2018Supercar legends will head directly for the Honourable Artillery Company from 7-8 June, for the much awaited and spectacular London Concours 2018. The theme this year will be one word – Speed! Luxury brand names such Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren and Aston Martin will all feature on the lawn, but with ... read more
- RM Sotheby’s: Ferrari F458 Italia Engine Goes Under The HammerIf you happen to have the odd Ferrari F458 Italia lying in the garage, minus that all important thing called the engine, then this could well be your golden opportunity to saddle up that prancing horse. RM Sotherby’s forthcoming Monaco sale will be held at the glamorous Grimaldi Forum, ... read more
- Heveningham Hall Concours d’Elegance Announces Cars Of The StarsConcours d’Elegance lovers will be pleased to learn there some exciting early entries including Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason’s Ferrari 250GTO and Maserati T61 Birdcage for this year’s Heveningham Hall event, Saturday 30th June & Sunday 1st July. Once again, the emphasis is on displaying 50 of the world’s finest ... read more
- RAF Red Arrows Aston Martin Vanquish S Confirmed For London Motor ShowA specially commissioned Aston Martin Vanquish S, which pays homage to the Royal Air Force and the Red Arrows Display Team, will take pride of place on the ‘Built In Britain’ feature at The Confused.com London Motor Show 2018. Special Edition The special-edition Aston Martin Red10 is the perfect tribute ... read more
- First Morgan Aero GT Produced Heads North Of The BorderBritish marque, Morgan Motor Company gave it’s enthusiastic voyeurs an ‘up close’ look at their latest and most extreme road-going model to date – the Aero GT. The Geneva Motor Show was the perfect landing place to showcase this extraordinary beast, which represents the end of Aero 8 production, guaranteeing ... read more
- 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB4 Daytona Offered By Silverstone £500,000 – £575,000Love a good Daytona? Well, Silverstone auctioneers are offering a low mileage highly collectible 1972 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona. This desirable prancing horse will feature at the forthcoming inaugural ‘A Sale of Ferraris in association with Ferrari Owners’ Club GB’ at Silverstone circuit on 18th May. One of only 158 ... read more
- Photographic History Of All Triumph & Standard Cars 1945 – 1984A name synonymous with classic, sport, quality and integrity, Triumph still remains a fundamental cog in the classic machinery of today’s enthusiasts. Two companies with established pedigrees were brought together in 1945 by Sir John Black, then Chairman of the Standard Motor Company, to form Standard-Triumph International. Triumph & ... read more
- Fantastico! Auto Itaia At Brooklands ‘Italian Car Day’
Take To The Road
- 1968 Porsche 908 Works Short Tail to headline Monterey saleRM Sotheby’s have announced that the 1968 Porsche 908 Works “Short Tail” racer will feature at their Monterey sale on 24th – 25th August. Considered to be one of the most iconic and beautiful race cars ever created by Porsche, the 908 Short Tail is an exciting early entry for ... read more
- Take to the Road makes Vuelio Top 10 Automotive Blogs once againI am delighted to announce that Take to the Road has once again been added to the Vuelio Top 10 Automotive Blogs. This is the second year in a row my site has made the list and it was first chosen in 2017. So a big thank you to the ... read more
- London Classic Car Show 2018 HighlightsThe London Classic Car Show really is the best car event in the capital. I’ve been going since it first started back in 2015. And each year it just gets better and better. The show has learned and evolved since its debut and every tweak and adjustment made makes that ... read more
- The Future of Classics with ERS and Jonny Smith – Vauxhall Viceroy Exclusive InterviewWell the 2018 London Classic Car Show is now over for another year. I had an amazing three days at the ExCel. The Vauxhall Viceroy got a huge amount of attention on the Waterloo Classics Club stand. And the highlight of the event was being interviewed by Jonny Smith of ... read more
- Vauxhall Viceroy all set for the London Classic Car ShowIt’s been a bit of a close one but the rare Vauxhall Viceroy is finally ready for it’s big day out in capital! Yup! It is going to the London Classic Car Show tomorrow morning. As always with classic cars, if there is a deadline looming, it is going to come ... read more
- Rare Peter Rabbit Land Rover up for auctionA classic Land Rover used in the new Peter Rabbit movie will go up for auction next month. The Pastel Green 88-inch Series IIA is said to be one of two used in the 3D live-action animated comedy film based around the famous Beatrix Potter characters. If you’re going ... read more
- Reliant Rialto review: meeting a hero (yes, really)I’ve developed an unhealthy obsession with three-wheeled Reliants in recent months. I’m not sure what triggered it: too long on the Reliant Owners Club stand at the NEC Classic Motor Show, perhaps, or an enjoyable read of Giles Chapman’s book on the Reliant Robin. I even found myself exploring ... read more
- Fast Fords that could break auction recordsIt’s not quite a passport to riches, but a fast Ford is almost guaranteed to be a star attraction at a classic car auction. To put it another way, you’ll need to dig deep if you fancy a hot Sierra, Escort or Capri from the 1980s. The forthcoming CCA ... read more
- Iron Maiden drummer’s Jaguar XJ6 is the coolest thing at the Geneva Motor Show
- In the hot Seat: a history of Cupra hot hatchesWith Seat launching Cupra as a standalone performance brand, we’ve looked at the back-catalogue of the fastest machines from the Spanish company. With a name formed from a combination of ‘Cup’ and ‘Racing’ the Cupra badge has been applied to both road and track creations. So, from the motorsport ... read more
Post War Classic
- Early Muntz can be a very rewarding projectYesterday’s Corvette and Skylark may be tempting vehicles from America’s Golden Age of Motoring, but they are fully finished restorations with no work left. Just ready to rumble and win prizes. So what if you are looking for an American idol that hasn’t been through this phase yet, and needs ... read more
- Back to Back: Early ‘Vette or rare Skylark?The Corvette may be called an all-American hero with heritage going back 65 years. But that doesn’t keep us from comparing a 1953 (first production year model) to a 1954 Buick Skylark convertible. Both are offered for sale during the Texas Classic Auction, on Saturday the 21st at the Convention ... read more
- Rod’s Hartnett is looking for friendsRegular readers may remember Australian Rod Fulton and his rare local-built Hartnett (click here). Fast forward almost four years and Rod is still happy with the car. He's also still looking for sister-models and would be happy to share information and parts. He wrote: "Could you ask your readers if ... read more
- The art of an accident in a photographWe come across intriguing photographs pretty often. But where a picture may say more than a thousand words to some, it's the words that make the picture to others. And the photograph seen above is a great example. Yes, it was taken on the scene of a road accident - ... read more
- And the winner is… Gerd Klioba! (+ Puzzle #181)Did you spend every Saturday rummaging through old motoring mags, scouring the internet and flicking yearbooks hoping to find that one picture for the past six months..? Then the moment you have been waiting for is finally here! This week we reveal the winners of the PreWarCar.com What is it? ... read more
Pre War Classic
No feed items found.