The Frazer Nash Archives was established as a registered charity by John Aldington, son of HJ “Aldy” Aldington, to preserve, extend and promote the history of the marque.
At its core are the photos, records, trophies and memorabialia collected and guarded by John’s uncle, WH “Bill” Aldington, who had been in charge of advertising and publicity from the early 1930s onwards.
In addition, bundles of documents from the Kingston days were found in the roof of the Falcon Works and these are slowly being sorted and placed in the relevant files which are kept for each Frazer Nash chassis from 1923 to 1957.
There are also files for Frazer Nash-BMWs imported during the second-half of the 1930s and information on the relationship between AFN and the Bristol Aeroplane Company which led to the production of the Bristol 400 and 401.
On display are four famous Frazer Nash cars owned for many years by John Aldington and donated by him to the Archives:
- 1925 PlusPower-engined Three Seater
- 1934 Blackburne-engined Byfleet II
- 1949 Bristol-engined four-seater Cabriolet
- 1951 Bristol-engined Le Mans Replica, winner of the 1951 British Empire Trophy driven by Stirling Moss