The coveted 2018 Classic & Sports Car Club Awards were revealed at the NEC Classic Car Show 2018.
The awards, held in association with Lancaster Insurance, were given to their respective winners at the Hilton Metropole, Birmingham.
Judges reported an unprecedented number of entries from a diverse array of car clubs, as well as those passionate individuals who share a drive to preserve motoring history and broaden the appeal of the classic car community.
Sign up to our newsletter for updates!
Alastair Clements, Editor in Chief of Classic & Sports Car, said:
“Our judging panel was blown away by the volume and quality of the submissions this year. The overall impression from evaluating the entries was just how passionate, supportive and welcoming the entire classic car world is. We’ve learnt about labour-of-love restorations, incredible charity drives, youthful exuberance and an especially poignant rally marking the centenary of World War I. These extraordinary groups are the people who shape the classic car community.
“Moreover, the submissions also brought home what a bright future there is for classic motoring, and we would like to congratulate all of our 2018 winners on their fantastic efforts over the past year.”
The winners of the 2018 Classic & Sports Car Club Awards in association with Lancaster Insurance were as follows:
- Club of the Year: Ford100e.com
- Lancaster Insurance Club Initiative of the Year: ‘Crossmember’ membership system, The Rover P6 Club
- Club Personality of the Year: Peter Lee, Transit Van Club
- Best Contribution to Charity: Secret Supercar Meet, Supercar Driver
- Best Contribution by a Youngster: Katrina Forey, TR Register
- Most Improved Club Magazine: Talbot Owners’ Club Magazine
- Club Magazine of the Year: Idle Chatter, The 1100 Club
- Best Club Website: www.hondas800sportscarclub.co.uk, Honda S800 Sports Car Club
- Best Club Run/Rally: ‘The Long, Long Trail’, The Veteran Car Club of Great Britain
- Best Club Show/Event: International Alvis Weekend 2018, Alvis Owner Club
In addition to these 10 pre-show categories, the Classic & Sports Car Club Awards judges also spent time exploring the halls of the Classic Motor Show, taking place this weekend at Birmingham’s NEC. The panel looked at car clubs’ displays across a further seven categories, seeking out the best cars and stands at the show.
These seven winning displays are:
- Most Interesting Selection of Cars: Historic Lotus Register (Stand 2-840)
- Best Themed Club Stand: Austin Counties Car Club (Stand 3-495)
- Best Small Club Stand: Fiat 500 Enthusiasts’ Club (Stand 5-560)
- Best Medium Club Stand: Wolseley Register (Stand 3-158)
- Best Large Club Stand: Veteran Car Club (Stand 1-355)
- Car of the Show: Bugatti Type 57S Vanvooren Cabriolet, courtesy Andrew Pisker, Bugatti Owners’ Club (Stand 1-325)
- C&SC Special Award: Ford Cortina GT, courtesy Theo Bengry, Historic Marathon Rally Group (Stand 8-360)