The Paris Motor Show 2018 welcomes its own this Sunday as French marque Citroën line-up 25 symbolic models from its eclectic history, in a parade to celebrate 120 years of the event.
Proceedings and display begin at 10.00 CET, with the grand parade leaving from Place de la Concorde at 13:00 CET and going past some of the French capital’s most iconic locations, such as Place des Invalides, Le Quai Branly and also the Champs-Elysées.
Original models such as the very first Type A from 1919 through to New C5 Aircross SUV from 2018 will be displayed. The procession of historic models from collectors and the Citroën Conservatoire museum will give a taste of what’s to come for the brand’s centenary celebrations next year.
Amongst a range of vehicles, Citroën will line up 25 symbolic models from its history, from the very first Type A from 1919, the Traction Avant, 2CV, Ami 6, Méhari, SM, CX, New C5 Aircross SUV from 2018 and even a U23 coach. The 25 Citroën models in the procession will parade in chronological order, from the oldest to the most recent.
List of vehicles include:
- Citroën Type A Torpédo from 1919
- Citroën C3 5 HP Trèfle from 1924
- Citroën C4 Torpédo from 1934
- Citroën Rosalie NH from 1936
- Citroën Traction Avant 7C from 1937
- Citroën Autocar U23 from 1947
- Citroën Type H from 1952
- Citroën Traction Avant 15-6 H from 1954
- Citroën DS 19 cabriolet from 1961
- Citroën Ami 6 from 1965
- Citroën DS 21 Pallas from 1967
- Citroën SM from 1972
- Citroën DS 20 Pallas from 1973
- Citroën GS X2 from 1976
- Citroën Méhari from 1979
- Citroën CX 2000 from 1979
- Citroën 2 CV 6 Spécial E from 1983
- Citroën BX 16 soupapes from 1991
- Citroën XM Exclusive from 1998
- Citroën Xsara Picasso « Le robot » from 1999
- Citroën C6 from 2006
- Citroën C5 from 2008
- Citroën C4 Cactus from 2014
- Citroën C3 Aircross from 2017
- Citroën C5 Aircross from 2018
Sign up to our newsletter for updates!
Jaguar XJ Series
Joining the celebrations will be the iconic Jaguar XJ Series, where eight generations of XJ will spearhead the convoy, led by the classic that initiated the ongoing success, the Series I. Heading up the impressive line-up will be the most recent XJ50 special edition, which broke cover earlier this year.