1987 Ford Capri V8 Coyote could be yours for around £45,000.
Developed for the ‘Goblin Works Garage’ show, the Ford Capri V8 Coyote is part of the Coys London Classic Car Auction 16-17 February 2019.
Beginning its life as a MK3 2.8 injection, the car was one of 6 given the Goblin Works Garage treatment, with this particular muscle car being the favourite of the half dozen.
At a cost of £55,000, in November 2017, the car was finished and boasted a top speed in excess of an eye-watering 170mph.
Sign up to our newsletter for updates!
Spec according to Goblin Garage FB includes:
- Engine: Ford Coyote (Mustang) crate engine 435BHP 32valve 4 cam V8
- Exhaust: Custom stainless steel dual side exhausts, V band connectors
- Fuel System: Bosch -048 (GPA) HP pump, Goodridge braded lines throughout, -6 alloy fittings
- Cooling: 4 core alloy radiator with custom alloy header tank
- Transmission: Tremec T56 manual 5 speed, hydraulic clutch, Atlas rear axle with ZF LSD, HD (large spline) side gears, 3.44:1 ratio, semi floating hubs with 2 piece half shafts. Custom Bailey-Morris single piece propshaft
- Brakes: F- Wilwood 310mm rotors with 4 pot alloy calipers, R- Ford Cosworth spec rear disc conversion, Comp brake adjustable bias floor mounted pedal box, new copper brake lines throughout
- Suspension: R- single leaf 146LB de-cambered rear springs, bilstein dampers, F- Bilstein struts with 250LB 2-1/4 springs, adjustable ride height
- Wheels & Tyres: F- Image 3 piece ‘Billet 19’ 9Jx18 with R888R 255/35-18 Toyo Tyres, R- Image 3 piece ‘Billet 19’ 10.5Jx18 with R888R 295/30-18 Toyo Tyres
- Performance: Max theoretical speed 171mph @6500rpm, Standing 1/4 mile 12.1 seconds (tested) – this was the car’s first run at Santa Pod, we were only allowed a few runs so these times could be improved