Lara Platman is a trail blazing woman who founded two fascinating sites called Photofeature and Gearstick & Clutchbag.
This entrepreneurial lady has more strings to her bow than Errol Flynn, including a motor racing licence, bike licence and even restored her very own 1964 Series 2A Land Rover, called ‘Big Red’.
In her own words
“I am happy shooting in pit lanes, theatre stages and behind the scenes on film sets.”
The feed below is from two great sites, where the high speed shutter never stops chattering, causing everyone to raise both smiles and eyebrows in synergy.
Follow Lara on Twitter.
- The Lady and Her Car -The Motorists FaceThe Motorists Face How to look after it when touring is a problem that besets most women. Looking after a wind -blown face. Put on a cheap chiffon gauze scarf over ones hat and may be thrown once soiled. If the face is prepared before the journey then at the ... read more
- The Lady and Her Car -InsuranceA concise series of articles about car insurance continued throughout The Lady in the 1920’s, with the increase in owners taking their cars abroad along with additional cars on the road, accidents became a regular occurrence between two drivers, both claiming the rights of the road. The Highway Code as ... read more
- Silverstone Classic 2018Silverstone Classic this year celebrated 70 years of racing at at the circuit. Photographer Lara Platman went for the day to take a look at some of the scenes that make up this incredible day. ... read more
- The Lady & Her Car -Acquiring Road SenseAnother part to this series where we look back at The Lady archives and investigate these historical articles whilst comparing them to how women look after their cars and generally at motoring today. This lovely page tells us the ideal way to manoeuvre a car amongst the road, at ... read more
- Goodwood Festival of Speed 2018Celebrating 25 years of the Festival of Speed, Goodwood had plenty of other celebrations with the 70 years of Porsche and 70 years of the Series 1 Land Rover to name but a few. Lara Platman went along to take a quiet look at some of the cars displayed in ... read more
- Morning Light of Venice – B&W Photo MagDelighted to have a feature in Black and White Photography Magazine this month about my early morning stints […] ... read more
- Goodwood Revival Preview in Classic Car Weekly
- Goodwood Gazette in Classic Car Weekly
- Two Billingham Bag NuttersLast week Jimmy from Red 35 came over for a picnic and brought along some of his collection […] ... read more
- Through the Night at Salon PrivéI am delighted announce that my ‘Through the Night‘ exhibition will be on display at this year’s Salon […] ... read more
- Womankind Magazine – Harris TweedSo honoured to have a feature published in the August 2018 edition of Womankind magazine about my experience […] ... read more
- Win a hard back signed edition of Spirit of PlaceI am just planning my next venture up to Scotland to photograph a couple of distilleries and thought […] ... read more
- Photography Consultation with HuaweiI thoroughly loved working with Huawei and Red Consultancy to lead a series of Photographic Masterclasses for a […] ... read more
- Grey Fox Blog – PeopleDelighted to be interviewed for the Grey Fox Blog about having a Mature search for Style! click here […] ... read more
- Shooting with the Huawei P20 Pro at Le Mans 24 hourDelighted to be commissioned by Huawei to photograph the Le Mans 24 hour race 2018 solely with a […] ... read more