Lara Platman is a trail blazing woman who founded two fascinating sites called Photofeature and Gearstick & Clutchbag.
This entrepreneurial lady has more strings to her bow than Errol Flynn, including a motor racing licence, bike licence and even restored her very own 1964 Series 2A Land Rover, called ‘Big Red’.
In her own words
“I am happy shooting in pit lanes, theatre stages and behind the scenes on film sets.”
The feed below is from two great sites, where the high speed shutter never stops chattering, causing everyone to raise both smiles and eyebrows in synergy.
Follow Lara on Twitter.
- Goodwood Revival 2018Our photographer Lara Platman took a look at the Goodwood Revival weekend fuelled with speed, theatre, glamour and sublime sunsets. Enjoy the gallery. ... read more
- The Lady and her Car -LightingThe passing of the road transport lighting bill came in to force on Sunday 22nd April 1928, required a uniform lighting regulation throughout the country. During the hours of darkness, every motor car must be accompanied with two lamps showing a red light to the rear. The hours of darkness ... read more
- The Lady and Her Car -The Motorists FaceThe Motorists Face How to look after it when touring is a problem that besets most women. Looking after a wind -blown face. Put on a cheap chiffon gauze scarf over ones hat and may be thrown once soiled. If the face is prepared before the journey then at the ... read more
- The Lady and Her Car -InsuranceA concise series of articles about car insurance continued throughout The Lady in the 1920’s, with the increase in owners taking their cars abroad along with additional cars on the road, accidents became a regular occurrence between two drivers, both claiming the rights of the road. The Highway Code as ... read more
- Classic Vehicle Restoration ShowTaking my Papa for a rainy day out at the Classic Vehicle Restoration Show in Shepton Mallet was a highlight […] ... read more
- Realto Fish Market – VeniceIn February 2018 I visited the Venice Carnival for a Getty Images spread of photos. As usual I […] ... read more
- Morning Light of Venice – B&W Photo MagDelighted to have a feature in Black and White Photography Magazine this month about my early morning stints […] ... read more
- Goodwood Revival Preview in Classic Car Weekly
- Goodwood Gazette in Classic Car Weekly
- Two Billingham Bag NuttersLast week Jimmy from Red 35 came over for a picnic and brought along some of his collection […] ... read more