Love or loath them, the mud-plugging Range Rover is here to stay. 1967 saw the first of this lovable old rogue built in prototype form (number plate SYE 157F), with a different front grille and headlight cluster formation.
It wasn’t until 69 that the finished article was given the thumbs up, with 26 Velar engineered development vehicles assembled between 1969 and 1970 (number plates YVB151H – YVB177H).
Having this book in your pocket is just like having a real marque expert by your side. Benefit from James Taylor’s years of Range Rover ownership and experience, learn how to spot a bad example quickly, and how to assess a promising one like a professional. Get the right Range Rover at the right price!
Packed with good advice – from running costs, through paperwork, vital statistics, valuation, and the Range Rover community, to whether a Range Rover will suit you and your lifestyle – this is THE COMPLETE GUIDE to choosing, assessing and buying the Range Rover of your dreams.
Range Rover – First Generation models 1970 to 1996 by James Taylor
- Like having a real marque expert at your side – benefit from the author’s expertise and experience
- Where and how to buy a 1st generation Range Rover
- Advice on choosing the right model and condition
- Key checks – how to spot a bad vehicle quickly
- Comprehensive inspection guide
- In-depth analysis of strengths and weaknesses
- Market and value data, predicts which models will become collectible
- Details of clubs and support organisations
- Includes a complete chassis decoder
- Advice on checking paperwork and dealing with documentation
Sign up to our newsletter for updates!
Have a story to tell?
Send us yours now – contact us here