From the earliest motor carriages to classic family saloons, the world-famous National Motor Museum has one of the finest collections of cars, motorcycles and motoring memorabilia in the world.
From legendary F1 cars and land speed record breakers for the speed freaks, to incredible examples of pioneering motoring for the history-buffs. If you time it right you’ll hear vehicles starting up and daily tours will give you more of an insight into the vehicles on display.
If you would like a site / source added to our curation you can request this by visiting our contact page here.
- Count’s record-breaking Babs joins Chitty exhibition
- Beaulieu’s Simply Smart rounds off successful rally season
- The 2018 National Motor Museum Trust Prize DrawThe National Motor Museum Trust prize draw took place on 9th November 2018, with Lord Montagu on hand to oversee proceedings and draw the winning tickets. This year's star prize, a Fiat 500C, was won by ticket number 3150. The runner-up prize of a seat in a Trust car on the ... read more
- New Simply rallies in 2019 events calendarThe 2019 events line-up has been confirmed with the announcement of new Simply rallies joining the calendar of award-winning events. Simply Mercedes will build on the growing success of Beaulieu’s popular Simply range of rallies, which celebrate car marques from Ford to Porsche in the grounds ... read more
- Countdown to Christmas at BeaulieuThere is just over a fortnight to go until the stunning new illuminated Christmas trail is unveiled at Beaulieu. Preparations are underway for the week-long installation, which will see over 1 million lights artfully placed throughout the grounds of the New Forest attraction. From 23 November ... read more
- Lotus designer’s personal collection is donated to the National Motor Museum TrustAn important personal collection of drawings and documents by Lotus sports car designer and inventor Ron Hickman has been donated to the National Motor Museum Trust at Beaulieu. More than 100 sketches and concept drawings, as well as numerous reference photographs and documents have been donated ... read more
- Montagu panto rehearsals for Victorian ChristmasMontagu family pantomime rehearsals will be part of Beaulieu’s Victorian Christmas celebrations bringing the ancestral home of Palace House to life for the festive season from December 22nd - January 6th. Daytime visitors can join the Montagu family, played by costumed actors, as they rehearse Aladdin ... read more
- Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 50 years preview launchAt Beaulieu’s preview launch of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 50 years, Lord Montagu and celebrity guest Adrian Hall (who played Jeremy in the film) recreated a scene from the film as they emerged out of the garage in Chitty in the National Motor Museum – while a cast of 30 ... read more
- Child Catcher’s carriage joins Beaulieu’s Chitty exhibition
- Shell poster revealed to celebrate Beaulieu 25th anniversaryShell has unveiled a new poster featuring Beaulieu as a great British destination, to celebrate 25 years of the Shell Heritage Art Collection at the National Motor Museum Trust. Wimbledon College of Art MA Painting student Denise Harrison was awarded the commission to produce the poster ... read more
- Boot full of spooky superstition found on Beaulieu EstateAn antique boot with a spooky supernatural purpose has been discovered, after being hidden for generations inside the structure of a house on the Beaulieu Estate. A relic of the superstitious days of old, a boot or shoe was thought to have warded off witches and evil spirits. ... read more
- Medieval banquets return for Christmas
- Big small car gathering for Beaulieu’s Simply Smart
- Beaulieu launches Chitty Chitty Bang Bang 50 years exhibition
- Preparations underway for first Christmas at BeaulieuPreparations are underway for the new magical illuminated Christmas trail at Beaulieu as the medieval grounds of the abbey and Palace House are transformed from 23 November – 30 December. Specially designed for all the family to enjoy, Christmas at Beaulieu features a mile-long illuminated path ... read more
- New sprite joins mythical woodland creatures
- Workshop Apprentice Blog – Part IIIOver a year since her appointment as apprentice in the National Motor Museum workshop, Emily Leese has been making sterling progress with her training. Heavily involved with many of the projects that have been tackled by the workshop team, she has also made great strides forward with the academic side ... read more
- Bidding excitement and bargains at International AutojumbleMore than 34,000 enthusiasts enjoyed a sunny festival-feel weekend packed with automotive bargains and exciting auction bidding at Beaulieu International Autojumble. Event-goers hunted for treasures across more than 2,000 stands at the event on September 1st and 2nd, while historic vehicles went under the hammer at ... read more
- Palace House Blog – September 2018Hidden under the floorboards of a property on the Beaulieu Estate, workers found a solitary old boot.... but does this humble item hide supernatural secrets? Beneath the floorboards of an old Beaulieu Estate property, lying undiscovered in the darkness, a solitary boot was found during recent ... read more
- Beaulieu fantasy and folklore at harvest themed half-termAutumnal fantasy and folklore are part of harvest-themed celebrations with Halloween ghost stories, crafts and activities at Beaulieu this October half-term from 20th - 28th. Get into the spirit of the season with harvest festival-themed decorations in the ancestral Montagu family home of Palace House. Then ... read more