Built in 1924 for the Territorial Army on land purchased from the Duke if Northumberland, the building was used as a T.A. centre for 50 years before it was sold to Northumberland Boys ckub. The boys club vacated the premises in 1977. The building became a utopia for scrap collectors and vandals until it was acquired in 1979 to be rebuilt as a motor museum. Restored and refurbished the museum offers a complete service for the day visitor to the most enthusiastic car collector.
Individuals who wish to develop the Museum either by working in the restoration workshop, preparing exhibitions or dressing up in period dress to become part og the scene of a social event / extravaganza are encouraged.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Phone: To book a tour or for other queries, please contact us on