Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb makes a welcome return to the classic car calendar with a ‘Swinging Sixties’ celebration on the weekend of the 20 – 21 June 2020.
The pungent scent of classic nostalgia makes a welcome return to the Midland Automobile Club’s Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb the annual flagship event attracts a wide variety of competition cars competing on the historic hill climb course, plus spectacular themed vehicle displays, celebrity drivers, parades, visiting car clubs, trade stands and vintage-inspired entertainment.
This year’s event will celebrate the ‘Swinging Sixties’ – A decade which saw a revolution in popular music, innovative technologies, daring fashion and cool retro classic cars!
The weekend will feature a mouth-watering display of iconic 1960s historic race cars, motor racing legends of the era, a themed racing class, thrilling demos, Group B rally cars and a special ‘Made in Britain’ display.
‘Made in Britain’ will pay homage to British built car cars built in the 1960s – an era when the Aston Martin DB5 was immortalised in the James Bond film Goldfinger, the Jaguar E-type referred to as “the most beautiful car ever made” by Enzo Ferrari which epitomised the glamour and excitement of the swinging sixties through to the iconic Mini that helped transform fashion and the Ford Cortina – the most popular car in Britain.
It was an exciting decade in rally competition too, where most of the vehicles were pretty much stock to win. It’s when Mini, Ford, Citroën, Alpine, and others made their name in the sport. Be sure to return to this page, as we’ll have some exciting rally news for you shortly.
Making its debut at Shelsley Walsh is the stunning Ecurie Ecosse LM69. The road-legal car has been hand-built in the West Midlands and evokes the styling and engineering of the racing cars from Le Mans in 1969.
The amazing Ecurie Ecosse LM69
2020 marks 115 years of motor racing history at Shelsley Walsh, staged continuously (wartime excepted) since 1905. Get on your dancing shoes – it will be a right ‘knees up’ in the Courtyard as Haney’s Big House and Jon Clare and the Dough Boys will be belting out powerhouse classics.
- Spectacular motor racing at one of the oldest motorsport venues in the world
- A mouth-watering display of iconic 1960s historic race cars
- Thrilling demonstration runs throughout the weekend
- Access all areas – Get close to the action, the cars, the drivers and rub shoulders with racing legends!
- Celebrated marque ‘Lotus’ – Special discount and forward parking for all Lotus cars
- ‘Made in Britain’ a special display paying homage to British built car cars of the 1960s decade
- Main stage featuring non-stop entertainment, interviews and live bands
- Quality trade stands to sell everything from clothing and accessories to motoring books, models, art, photography and memorabilia!
- Vintage fashion competition for best car and driver in period clothes
- Visiting car clubs welcomed and encouraged! All Car clubs will have a designated parking area to include sufficient space for club gazebo/seating area, plus a special admission rate!
Own a 1960s British car, be sure to enter it into the display!
For further information, or to book tickets, please visit this link.
2020 Classic Car events can be found via this link.