Los Angeles based Porsche restoration experts, Singer have released their latest 911 reimagining embracing an All-terrain Competition Study which will also be used in future projects undertaken.
The long-term client requested some outrageous modifications be carried out on his air-cooled Porsche 911 which would enable the car to compete in off-road racing and in the process demonstrate some extensive all-terrain exploration capabilities.
Two vehicles have been commissioned by the client in question: Singer’s iconic Parallax White – specifically focused on high-speed desert rallying and a second in Corsica Red to be configured for high-speed, high-grip tarmac events and disciplines.
The Porsche 911s vehicles involve preparation by UK-based off-road competition specialist, Richard Tuthill who is also an expert in the world of WRC competition and events such as the Dakar Rally and the East African Safari Classic Rally which Tuthill Porsche recently won for the fourth time.
This collaboration brings together the best of innovation, cutting-edge technology and decades of real rallying experience into one, amazingly capable, all-terrain off-road racing vehicle. In the 1980s we partnered with Prodrive to prepare bodyshells for the Rothmans 911 SC/RS that was part of the inspiration for ACS. I am delighted to have now partnered with Rob and the team at Singer to bring this incredible machine to life and look forward to working with them in the future. I am incredibly proud of what we have achieved.
Porsche 911 Reimagined Modifications by Singer include:
- Off-road competition capability, conceived with events such as the Baja 1000 and Dakar Rally in mind, but suitable for a range of surfaces
- Dramatically increased ride height, suspension travel and overall strength
- Carbon fibre body panels suited to quick replacement and easy underbody access
- Permanent AWD
- A twin-turbocharged, 3.6L, air-cooled flat-six with power starting at 450hp.
- Sequential racing transmission with front, centre and rear limited-slip differentials.
Technical Specifications Summary
- 1990 Type 964 Porsche 911
- Core strengthening to monocoque for heavy-duty off-road use, carbon fibre body panels and off-road race modifications including:
- 6L twin turbo-charged, air-cooled, Porsche flat-six.
- Water-to-air intercoolers, with individual-bank charge coolers housed within the plenum and cooled by a clamshell-mounted radiator.
- Tuned for the demands of each event, power starts at 450hp and 420lb-ft torque
- 5-speed sequential dog-box enabling flat-shifting. Manual and paddle-shift capable.
- Permanent AWD.
- Front, centre and rear, mechanical, plated limited-slip differentials.