An exclusive and rare AC Aceca will go under the auctioneer’s gavel at the upcoming Silverstone Heythrop Park Sale on the 10th and 11th May (Est: £110,000 to £130,000).
A two-day sale, supported by the Jaguar Enthusiasts’ Club will see a whole range of classics and auto memorabilia being offered including 50 cars, one of which will be a rare and rather superb 1960 AC Aceca.
The Aceca (pronounced “A-See-Ka”) was a coupé built by British AC Cars from 1954 until 1963. The three-door fastback even has connections with Pininfarina, which is evident in the extremely detailed front-end. Along with the 1953 Aston Martin DB2/4, the car became one of the first hatchbacks and remain extremely desirable in today’s classic car market place.
Sign up to our newsletter for updates!
This particular 1960 version is one of the best seen, having undergone restoration by the previous owner with the intention of making it the best in the world. Now offered for sale by the current owner of seven years and for the first time on the open market, this sleek fastback comes with a comprehensive history file on its restoration.
According to the AC Aceca register this car was originally ordered in Mist Green, one of only six ever finished in that colour with the original six-cylinder AC unit.
Valued at around £110,000 to £130,000, its a car for the purist and would make either a great showcase or a daily driver attracting wanted attention.
A brief summary of the detail of the restoration is below:
- Engine: Completely rebuilt by Hurley Engine Services. Water Jacket and crankshaft modified by Rod Briggs.
- Chassis and Bodywork: Cleaned and powder coated, bare metal repaint in Javelin Grey, all new interior alloy panels.
- Interior: Completely new Tan leather interior, headlining and carpets by David Nightingale. All dashboard wood replaced by the ‘Posh Dash Co’.
- Gearbox: Overhauled by the TT Workshop
- Rear axle: Stripped, checked, and reassembled with all new seals and joints. Prop shaft, driveshaft and universal joints stripped, cleaned and reassembled.
- Suspension: All parts stripped, cleaned and powder coated, reassembled with new parts as required. All wheel-hubs and bearings replaced.
- Brakes: New Shoes, wheel cylinders, brake drums, master cylinder, handbrake and ratchet with a new cable. New clutch assembly and master cylinder.
- Electrics: New wiring loom, new front and rear headlights, new Dynamo and new battery.
More information on this lot can be found here.