The Sunday Times Classic Cars news is updated hourly, like all other feeds on CCC.
Sunday Times Classic Cars
- Move over WRC: Rallye Monte-Carlo Classique is the true successor to the original eventTHERE AREN’T many things more incredible to behold than a World Rally Championship front-runner at work behind the wheel, hitting 100mph-plus on compressed snow before braking hard into 90-degree corner, executing a faultless Scandinavian flick and flooring the accelerator to power towards the next turn. Because they’re competing against the ... read more
- Barnfind Bugattis worth £815,000 to star at Rétromobile auctionA TRIO of stunning classic Bugattis that were found barricaded in a Belgian barn are set to star at auction next week. The Type 40, Type 49 and Type 57 convertible were formerly the property of Dutch artist August Thomassen, who kept them at his Belgian studio. Thomassen was such ... read more
- 1967 Ford Mustang from Gone in 60 Seconds movie to sell for six figures at auctionA CLASSIC Ford Mustang used in the 2000 action film remake Gone in 60 Seconds is set to go under the hammer in Arizona this week. The custom “Eleanor” Ford Mustang is one of the three that were used in the film, with this particular model used for what the Scottsdale ... read more
- Drivers of these cars are most likely to drink or drug driveTHE PERPETUALLY-INEBRIATED characters of Withnail and I famously drove a Jaguar Mk2, but it’s classic Morris Minors that are most likely to be driven by people who’ve “only had a few ales”, according to a recent study. After examining 6m insurance quotes, the comparison website MoneySupermarket found owners of the ... read more
- How to buy a classic carIT IS in the nature of buying a classic car that you should feel butterflies in your stomach as you succumb to a mode of transport with a high-maintenance guarantee. Then there’s the fear of making a bad purchase, being duped by a salesman or, in my case, being taken ... read more
- Enzo Ferrari’s personal Ferrari 330 GT up for saleA CLASSIC Ferrari grand tourer that was reportedly owned by the founder of the legendary car maker is now up for sale. The Ferrari 330 GT 2+2 is understood to have been the personal car of Enzo Ferrari between 1962 and 1964, before being shipped over to the United States ... read more
- How to store a classic car for winterIT’S CALLED “cuffing season”. When the temperature drops and single folk seek out a snuggle buddy to help get them through the long, dark nights. But for those of us with classic cars, it’s a time of year when we may decide its best to say au revoir to our ... read more
- Sean Connery’s Jensen C-V8 sports car up for saleTHE JENSEN Museum has put up for sale perhaps the most famous car in its collection: a 1964 Jensen C-V8 owned by the James Bond star Sean Connery. Far less recognisable than the Aston Martin DB5s that Connery starred alongside in Thunderball and Goldfinger, the fibreglass Jensen C-V8 could comfortably ... read more
Sign up to our newsletter for updates!
Need A Reproduction Tax Disc For Your Classic? – click here