The Warren Classic and Concours firmly established itself in 2013 as one of the key events in the UK’s summer classic car concours and social calendar, attracting thousands of enthusiasts to a celebration of classic motor cars and supercars at The Warren Golf and Country Club, near Maldon in Essex.
Once again, on Sunday 24 September, the 2017 edition of The Warren Classic Concours d’Elegance will give visitors and participants a wonderful opportunity to view some of the world’s finest classic motorcars.
For this year, over one 120 exceptional motorcars from around the world have been selected by The Warren’s organising committee to compete in the Warren Classic Concours, with the car split out into over twelve categories. This will give visitors to The Warren a unique opportunity to get up close to some of the finest examples of motorcar in the world, and talk to their proud owners.
The Warren Concours judging panel is hand-picked for their specialist knowledge of veteran, vintage and classic cars, assessing each car on its presentation, originality and of course, elegance. Following judging the winners of each category will form a procession into the main arena, where the winner of the Warren Concours d’Elegance will be selected.
Notable ‘star cars’ in this September’s Warren Concours will include two significant Alfa Romeos, both making their first appearance on British shores. These will include a stunning 1942 Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 SS Touring Coupe, known as the ‘Count Trossi Alfa’ after its first owner, the famous racing driver and president of Scuderia Ferrari.
The second notable Warren Concours Alfa Romeo is the unique 1960 6C 3000 CM Superflow IV, a one-off prototype Pininfarina coupe that stole the show at the 1960 Geneva Salon, and based around the Carrozzeria Colli coupe driven by Juan Manuel Fangio to second place in the 1953 Mille Miglia.
Arguably among the most attractive, collectible and usable of all classic post-war Bentley models is the S1 Continental, wearing elegant Park Ward coachwork. As part of the 2017 Warren Concours, a matching pair of exquisite Park Ward S1 Continentals in identical silver-over-black coachwork, with red leather upholstery – both originally built as fixed head coupes – will be participating.
- In just one month’s time, the 2017 edition of the Warren Classic and Supercar Show – including its famed Concours d’Elegance – will be held on Sunday 24 September at the picturesque Warren Estate, near Maldon, Essex
- This year’s Warren Classics Concours will see an exceptional selection of over 120 hand-picked classic motorcars and supercars participating in the Concours, many making their UK debut
- Star cars set to appear on British shores for the very first time will include a pair of notable Alfa Romeos; the striking 1942 6C 2500 SS Touring ‘Count Trossi’ coupe, plus the one-off 1960 6C 3000 CM Superflow Pininfarina prototype
- A matching pair of Bentley S1 Continentals with Park Ward coachwork will also be participating in the Concours, as will the famous Triumph TR2 Jabbeke record-breaking car
- In addition to the 120+ Concours cars, a large number of other ‘drive in’ classics and supercars will descend on the Warren Classics and Supercar Show on Sunday 24 September, with Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ferrari and Bugatti entries already confirmed
- The Warren Concours ‘Best in Show’ winner will go on to be displayed in the Royal Automobile Club’s Rotunda at the Club house in Pall Mall
Other confirmed Concours entrants for September’s The Warren include the unique Triumph TR2 that famously broke a number of speed records on the Jabbeke motorway in Belgium in May 1953, driven by Ken Richardson.
This very special Triumph will be joined at The Warren by a Cisitalia 202 SMM, a Lagonda LC45, Bugatti Type 35, Aston Martin DB2-4, Delahaye 135 Competition, Lamborghini Urraco, Porsche 356 coupe, Packard 1402 limousine, a Gurney and Nutting ‘Derby’ Bentley, Jaguar E-Type Series 1, a Rolls-Royce 20-25 Park Ward Brougham and Hooper-bodied Silver Cloud, plus a variety of Ferraris, including a 212 Monoposti, 275 GTS and 330 GTC.
Once The Warren’s expert panels of judges have chosen the 2017 Warren Concours d’Elegance class winners and overall ‘Best in Show’ entry, each of the winning cars will parade around the event site. The Best in Show car will then also go on to be invited to be displayed in the Royal Automobile Club Rotunda at the Club house in Pall Mall, London, with the winning vehicle being captured by a professional photographer and published in an annual Royal Automobile Club book.
In addition to the Concours cars, The Warren also attracts a large ‘drive in’ display of classic cars that attend the event, spanning all ages and vehicle types. A mouth-watering selection of supercars are also due to be displayed at the 2017 Warren Classics, with hyper-performance machines already confirmed including a rarely-seen Pagani Zonda 760 VR, a Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari La Ferrari, plus two Ferrari Enzos, and an amazing Koenigsegg Agera R.
Tickets for the 2017 Warren Classic car and Supercar for Sunday 24 September, including a large exhibition area, can be purchased in advance for £10 at www.warrenclassic.co.uk/tickets, or on the day from £14 per adult, £7 for youngsters (12-16) with free entry for children under 12-years old.